Jeston (Jesse) Homer

Requests for assistance with seemingly insurmountable problems!

Moderators: Northern Lass, grangers14, admin, BC Wench

kdwoodie
Primary Surname Interests: Knowles
Primary Geographical Research Areas: Worcestershire

Re: Jeston (Jesse) Homer--For the attn of Grangers14

Post by kdwoodie »

Waltzer7 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:04 am I have been looking up parish records for Kingswinford, Oldswinford, Cradley, Dudley. Will check Halesowen Parish registers tomorrow. I have come across children baptised at Kingswinford and Dudley to Joseph & Mary Holmer/Homer: -

Joseph Holmer Abt: 1721, Kingswinford - Buried 26 April 1789 at Brierley Hill.

Married Mary Cartwright on 30 December 1741 at St Mary's, Kingswinford

Children: -

Joshua bpt: 25 April 1742 at St Thomas, Dudley
Ambrose bpt: 27 April 1746 at St Mary's, Kingswinford - buried: 4 May 1746 at St Mary's, Kingswinford.
Jeston bpt: 9 April 1749 at St Mary's, Kingswinford
Ambrose bpt: 27 Jan 1750/51 at St Thomas, Dudley
John bpt: 15 April 1753 at St Mary's, Kingswinford
Sarah bpt: 6 July 1755 at St Thomas, Dudley
James bpt: 7 May 1758 at St Thomas, Dudley
Ruth bpt: 25 May 1760 at St Thomas, Dudley

Possible burial for Jeston (Jesse) Homer?: -

Name Jesse Homer
Gender Male
Death Age 57
Birth Date 1747
Death Date abt 1804
Burial Date 31 Jan 1804
Burial Place Brierley Hill, Stafford, England
FHL Film Number 1470582
Reference ID it2
All added https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... =874732964
Waltzer7
Primary Surname Interests: Adams, Hodgetts, Hill, Herrin, Raybould, Homer, Dunn, Gould, Harris
Primary Geographical Research Areas: Cradley, Halesowen, Worcestershire, Midlands

Post by Waltzer7 »

kdwoodie wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:12 am
Waltzer7 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:04 am I have been looking up parish records for Kingswinford, Oldswinford, Cradley, Dudley. Will check Halesowen Parish registers tomorrow. I have come across children baptised at Kingswinford and Dudley to Joseph & Mary Holmer/Homer: -

Ambrose bpt: 27 April 1746 at St Mary's, Kingswinford - buried: 4 May 1746 at St Mary's, Kingswinford.

Name Jesse Homer
Gender Male
Death Age 57
Birth Date 1747
Death Date abt 1804
Burial Date 31 Jan 1804
FHL Film Number 1470582
Reference ID it2
Thanks.

I noticed two extra children, Richard bpt: 13 June 1762 and Elizabeth bpt: 20 Nov 1763, which I have now since found, thanks.
Waltzer7
Primary Surname Interests: Adams, Hodgetts, Hill, Herrin, Raybould, Homer, Dunn, Gould, Harris
Primary Geographical Research Areas: Cradley, Halesowen, Worcestershire, Midlands

Post by Waltzer7 »

kdwoodie wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:12 am

Name Jesse Homer
Gender Male
Death Age 57
Birth Date 1747
Death Date abt 1804
Burial Date 31 Jan 1804
FHL Film Number 1470582
Reference ID it2
Hi,

I've just noticed that the first Ambrose Homer (bpt: 27 April 1746 and buried: 4 May 1746 at St Mary's, Kingswinford) isn't included on https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... =874732964

Is there a reason?
kdwoodie

Post by kdwoodie »

Sorry missed him, will add later.
Waltzer7

Post by Waltzer7 »

kdwoodie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 6:04 am Am I reading this right, it's saying Jesse and Hannah's grandparents are William and Hannah but Jesse's father Jeston has father Joseph and Barnabas has father William so it can't be right
I think I have found a link!?!

Browsing through baptisms under St Mary's, Kingswinford and have come across Jeston's father, Joseph's baptism on 14 March 1721/22 along with his twin sister, Mary to parents: William & Esther Holmer, nee Emberton. Page 59.

Barnabas was baptised on 22 November 1724 to William & Esther Holmer, page 2 of Kingswinford Parish registers!

Is this the link, you were looking for?
kdwoodie

Post by kdwoodie »

Waltzer7 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:30 pm
kdwoodie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 6:04 am Am I reading this right, it's saying Jesse and Hannah's grandparents are William and Hannah but Jesse's father Jeston has father Joseph and Barnabas has father William so it can't be right

Browsing through baptisms under St Mary's, Kingswinford and have come across Jeston's father, Joseph's baptism on 14 March 1721/22 along with his twin sister, Mary to parents: William & Esther Holmer, nee Emberton. Page 59.

Barnabas was baptised on 22 November 1724 to William & Esther Holmer, page 2 of Kingswinford Parish registers!

https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... ver=654919
That's great but Barnabas on BCC is born about 1766
Waltzer7

Post by Waltzer7 »

kdwoodie wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:06 pm
Waltzer7 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:30 pm

https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... ver=654919
That's great but Barnabas on BCC is born about 1766
I've had a look at your link and noticed: -

"Edited by Di 10/10/08 Don't know how this family fits with the rest of our Black Country Homers, but I'm assured by my informant that it does and children down the generations are christened and married around the Cradley area."

Is there a possibility that this William (born Abt: 1725) on this link: https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... ver=654924 is the William Holmer: 15 Jan 1726/27 • St Mary's, Kingswinford, Staffordshire, England
Parents: William & Esther Holmer. Source: Page 10 of Kingswinford Parish Registers.

also his brother, Barnabas Holmer baptised: 22 November 1724, both are sons of William & Esther Holmer who married on 29 Oct 1722 at St Mary's, Kingswinford?
kdwoodie

Post by kdwoodie »

I am getting so confused

This is from The article about Mahlah

We have traced Mahlah, also known sometimes as Amelia, back through her parents Jesse and Hannah who married in Halesowen on 30 June 1820; to Jesse's parents Jason and Nancy, and Hannah's parents Barnabas and Hannah; to William and Hannah Homer (the grandparents of both Jesse and Hannah, for they were cousins), who married in Kingswinford, a neighbouring parish to Cradley, in about 1755; and to William's parents Richard and Elizabeth, also of Kingswinford.

The way i read it is
Jesse was the son of Jeston, Hannah was the daughter of Barnabas.
It reads that Jeston and Barnabas were brothers with parents William and Hannah and Williams parents were Richard and Elizabeth.

For the life of me i cant figure it out.
Waltzer7

Post by Waltzer7 »

I'm trying to decipher by breaking it down... and hoping it makes sense? :? : -

"We have traced Mahlah, also known sometimes as Amelia, back through her parents Jesse and Hannah who married in Halesowen on 30 June 1820; to Jesse's parents Jason and Nancy, and Hannah's parents Barnabas and Hannah; to William and Hannah Homer (the grandparents of both Jesse and Hannah, for they were cousins), who married in Kingswinford, a neighbouring parish to Cradley, in about 1755; and to William's parents Richard and Elizabeth, also of Kingswinford."

Traced Mahlah via her parents, Jesse and Hannah, to her grandparents, Jason/Jeston and Nancy.

Hannah to her parents, Barnabas and Hannah.

To William and Hannah Homer, the grandparents of both Jesse and Hannah, for they were both cousins.

To William's parents, Richard and Elizabeth, also of Kingswinford.
Waltzer7

Post by Waltzer7 »

The clue: To William's parents, Richard and Elizabeth also of Kingswinford: -

https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... ver=654925
kdwoodie

Post by kdwoodie »

I'm still lost on this.

How does Richard fit in?
Waltzer7

Post by Waltzer7 »

kdwoodie wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 12:42 pm I'm still lost on this.

How does Richard fit in?
As this isn't my line of ancestors but sideways as a result of Jesse being the younger brother of Jeston, who was my 5th great grandfather, I'm assuming Richard and Elizabeth were the parents of William Homer b: 1725? on https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... ver=654925

I cannot find a marriage for Richard and Elizabeth on FreeReg...

Need to find the parents of William Homer, father of Barnabas Homer 1766...

I'm wondering who created this riddle?: -

"We have traced Mahlah, also known sometimes as Amelia, back through her parents Jesse and Hannah who married in Halesowen on 30 June 1820; to Jesse's parents Jason and Nancy, and Hannah's parents Barnabas and Hannah; to William and Hannah Homer (the grandparents of both Jesse and Hannah, for they were cousins), who married in Kingswinford, a neighbouring parish to Cradley, in about 1755; and to William's parents Richard and Elizabeth, also of Kingswinford."
kdwoodie

Post by kdwoodie »

I think it's best to leave it.

Is there anything I have missed that needs adding to BCC?
Waltzer7

Post by Waltzer7 »

I think my brain needs a rest.

Move it to brick walls?

I have found the 'riddle' on: https://cradleylinks.miraheze.org/wiki/ ... _the_Manor so I may have another crack at it at some point in the future...
kdwoodie

Post by kdwoodie »

That's where I found it .

Return to “Brick Walls”